These Books Aren't All New??

Books are expensive. I tend to pick and review books that are both new & old. Many of these books you will be able to find on the shelves on your library as opposed to the front of your bookstore.

I believe that there are many hidden gems from years gone by & I enjoy highlighting those as well as today's best sellers.

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Grosse Pointe Girl, Sarah Grace McCandless

Photobucket


Grosse Pointe is one of the most affluent parts of Michigan. McCandless portrays perfectly the teenaged Emma, too self-absorbed in her own teen drama to even pay attention to her own parents divorce.

Us children of the 80's will recognize all of the cultural references with fondness. I didn't think the illustrations went with the book. It's a bit choppy in parts, but this was a fun trip back in time through the eyes of a spoiled girl that I never got to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love to hear from you. Thanks for stopping by!