These Books Aren't All New??

Books are expensive. I tend to pick and review books that are both new & old. Many of these books you will be able to find on the shelves on your library as opposed to the front of your bookstore.

I believe that there are many hidden gems from years gone by & I enjoy highlighting those as well as today's best sellers.

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Cooking Dirty, Jason Sheehan

Photobucket
Former chef and kitchen rate, Jason Sheehan owes this book & his success as a writer, in part to Anthony Bourdain. Bourdain, the original drug-riddled, swashbuckling memoir writer. While Jason's story feels really similar to Bourdain's Kitchen Confidential, it's interesting enough to be enjoyable and Sheehan is a good writer.

If you've never spent any time in the back of the house in the restaurant industry, this might not appeal to you, but my history leads me to laugh at the extreme nature of this crazy business and be relieved that while I remember it, I never got in that deep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love to hear from you. Thanks for stopping by!