These Books Aren't All New??

Books are expensive. I tend to pick and review books that are both new & old. Many of these books you will be able to find on the shelves on your library as opposed to the front of your bookstore.

I believe that there are many hidden gems from years gone by & I enjoy highlighting those as well as today's best sellers.

Friday, February 20, 2009

A Field Guide To The British: The Anglo Files

Photobucket

A Field Guide to the British: The Anglo Files, Sarah Lyall

I was really excited about this book. Lyall is an American expat married to a Brit. She touches on all of the British cliches. Bad teeth, bad news reporting, their painful modesty & the oddity of the Royals. When I say she touches on these things I was wrong, she give a million examples of each. I actually quit reading this book. I almost never quit a book once I'm past a certain point, but this just got too boring. It's 260 pages. It would be a great, fun read at about 130!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love to hear from you. Thanks for stopping by!