I am thrilled to be able to review this book from Madeleine Wickham, who also writes as Sophie Kinsella and is responsible for the Shopaholic series. I also have 5 copies of the book to giveaway to my readers!
This book was originally released in 1996, and has just been re-released for the first time in hardcover.
Liz and Jonathan Chambers were stuck with two mortgages, mounting debts, and a miserable adolescent daughter. Then Marcus Witherstone came into their lives - and it seemed he would solve all their problems.
He knew the perfect tenants from London who wold rent their old house: a glamorous PR girl, Ginny, and her almost-famous husband, Piers.
But soon Liz is lost in blissful dreams of Marcus, Jonathan is left to run their tutorial college, and neither of them has time to notice that their teenage daughter is developing a passion for the new tenants.
Everyone is entangled with everyone else, in the most awkward possible way. And as events close in, they all begin to realize that some deceptions are just a bit too close to home.
As one of the famous chick-lit authors early works, this one lacks a bit of polish that her later works do, but is still a great read.
As life gets more complicated, Liz gets more lost in her exciting new fling, leaving her husband and daughter to fend for themselves. A large real-estate deal, a new business, a potential television star and an fun supporting cast of characters makes it a perfect summer book.
Whether writing as Kinsella or herself, Madeleine Wickham has a gift for fiction & you won't be dissapointed, especially since I have 5 copies of the book to give away to my readers.
How to enter:
1. Leave a comment on this post. 1 entry. If you don't do this entry, any others won't count.
(You must include your email address in your comment. If I can't find you, you can't win!)
2. Follow Read, Review, Repeat. 3 entries, leave 3 comments.
3. Follow my Screaming Mimi blog. 2 entries, leave 2 comments.
4. Follow Oskar's blog. 2 entries, leave 2 comments.
5. Leave a comment on an of the book reviews on this blog, Read, Review, Repeat. Any comments left after this post is up will count as one entry as long as you've left a comment on this post. One entry per comment.
6. Blog about this giveaway & leave me the link in the comments. 3 entries, leave 3 comments.7. Add the Read, Review, Repeat button to your blog. 2 entries, leave 2 comments.
Due to shipping, this contest is only open to U.S. residents. Contest ends at 12:00 midnight, on Saturday 8/7/10.