These Books Aren't All New??

Books are expensive. I tend to pick and review books that are both new & old. Many of these books you will be able to find on the shelves on your library as opposed to the front of your bookstore.

I believe that there are many hidden gems from years gone by & I enjoy highlighting those as well as today's best sellers.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Someone Will Be With You Shortly, Lisa Kogan

Hmm, Lisa Kogan works for Oprah Winfrey, has a marriage where she & her husband live on 2 different continents and this book does not reflect this level of excitement for me.

It's the small mundane things of her everyday life, which are interesting, but I want to know how the hell her marriage works!

People have compared her favorably to David Sedaris, Nora Ephron or Erma Bombeck.  Way too high of praise in my opinion.

It's worth reading, but doesn't really stay with you or leave you wanting more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love to hear from you. Thanks for stopping by!