These Books Aren't All New??

Books are expensive. I tend to pick and review books that are both new & old. Many of these books you will be able to find on the shelves on your library as opposed to the front of your bookstore.

I believe that there are many hidden gems from years gone by & I enjoy highlighting those as well as today's best sellers.

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Fabulous Terrible, by Sophie Talbot

This book is written in 2nd person and the main character is never named. The use of second person was off-putting for me, but I mustered on. A foster child gets a free ride to a super exclusive boarding school. She has visions, or shimmers as she calls them and doesn't understand whether this is a gift of a curse.

Mayhem enuses when a theif starts to frame our narrator and her friends. This whole book in actually a long introduction to a series and the last pages make that clear. I prefer books in a series that are able to stand on their own, but this book has virtually no ending. The Fabulous Terrible leaves you with more questions than answers, and if I had it to do again, I wouldn't waste my time with this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love to hear from you. Thanks for stopping by!