These Books Aren't All New??

Books are expensive. I tend to pick and review books that are both new & old. Many of these books you will be able to find on the shelves on your library as opposed to the front of your bookstore.

I believe that there are many hidden gems from years gone by & I enjoy highlighting those as well as today's best sellers.

Monday, September 14, 2009

Conversations With The Fat Girl, by Liza Palmer


Let me just say I loved this book. Ms. Palmer truly understands how overweight women feel. Now that Maggie’s best friend Olivia has had gastric bypass surgery, she has left Maggie and their shared history behind.

Forced by a shrewish landlady to move out of her home, jumpstarts Maggie’s motivation. This book does, however, hit one of my pet peeves with everything tied up neatly in a bow in the last few pages; Maggie’s journey is a fun one to read about.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love to hear from you. Thanks for stopping by!