These Books Aren't All New??

Books are expensive. I tend to pick and review books that are both new & old. Many of these books you will be able to find on the shelves on your library as opposed to the front of your bookstore.

I believe that there are many hidden gems from years gone by & I enjoy highlighting those as well as today's best sellers.

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Wishful Drinking

Photobucket

Wishful Drinking, Carrie Fisher

We're probably all familiar with Carrie by now. Daughter of Debbie Reynolds & Eddie Fisher. She points out that they were the Brad & Jen of the day with Elizabeth Taylor playing the part of Angelina. Fisher has suffered with addiction & bipolar disease.

She decided her last option for feeling normal after fighting the bipolar was ECT or electroconvulsive therapy. It used to be called electric shock therapy. This left her feeling better, but having swiss cheese brain regarding her past. I struggle with addiction & bipolar & pray I never have to resort to ECT. That being said, this book is seemingly random bits of whatever comes to mind in book form. It does have lots of pictures.

Wishful Drinking has been a one woman show Fisher has done for a while & she decided to throw it in a book. Unless you really care that Eddie Fisher likes to boink women from Chinatown or Debbie Reynolds wanted Carrie to make a baby with one of her stepfathers, this one really isn't for you.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review. Sometimes I'm grateful that someone read a book and raved about it which opened me up to reading it too (the Twilight series is a good example of this, I NEVER would have read them if my friend hadn't loved them). In this case, I am grateful to you for having read the book and warned me away from it.

    ReplyDelete

We always love to hear from you. Thanks for stopping by!