These Books Aren't All New??

Books are expensive. I tend to pick and review books that are both new & old. Many of these books you will be able to find on the shelves on your library as opposed to the front of your bookstore.

I believe that there are many hidden gems from years gone by & I enjoy highlighting those as well as today's best sellers.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Oracle of Dating, Allison Van Diepen

Photobucket

This is the first book I have read under the Harlequin Teen label and I was really pleased with it. Kayla and her friends try to navigate boys & life with an internet love help line thrown in for fun.

My only complaint is that Kayla's circle of friends look pointedly like a Benneton ad, with an Indian girl, an African American girl, & a possibly gay boy thrown in the mix.

Van Diepen tackles high school in a realistic way and a responsible for your tweens & teens to read. While the girls drink it's not to excess and the message behind the book is for young girls to remain true to yourselves and not get swept away by boys, lust & jealousy.

I'll be looking for the second in this series that comes out in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love to hear from you. Thanks for stopping by!