These Books Aren't All New??

Books are expensive. I tend to pick and review books that are both new & old. Many of these books you will be able to find on the shelves on your library as opposed to the front of your bookstore.

I believe that there are many hidden gems from years gone by & I enjoy highlighting those as well as today's best sellers.

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Room For Improvement, Stacey Ballis

Photobucket
When I found out that Stacey Ballis was Jen Lancaster's real life BFF and fellow author, I had to check out all of her books. I read Inappropriate Men when it came out in 2004 and loved it.


Room For Improvement is a chick lit story with enough behind it to keep if fun and interesting. Set in Chicago, it makes me long for time in what I believe what may be the best city. I've never been to LA or New York, but believe Lancaster & Ballis when they suggest Chicago is the best of them. Small enough, and real enough to be a blast.


If your a Jen Lancaster fanatic like I am, check this one out.


I have read Jen's latest My Fair Lazy and will be reviewing that book on this site soon.

1 comment:

  1. thanks Mimi! I hope you will check out my newest title Good Enough to Eat, available for pre-order now and coming out in September, and my blog, www.thepolymathchronicles.blogspot.com.

    Have a great holiday weekend.

    Best,
    Stacey Ballis
    www.staceyballis.com

    ReplyDelete

We always love to hear from you. Thanks for stopping by!